This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in Yahoo JAPAN as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Opening an External Application in Yahoo JAPAN
- Go to http://developer.yahoo.co.jp/appendix/oauth/scopelist.html.
- Click the orange button (Application Development) to create a new application.
- Click the link near step number "2" (register your application).
- This opens the application development page. In the first box on this page, Web API, check the first option (Server-side) .
- In the second box (basic application information), make sure your correct user ID information appears, enter the application name and URL.
Optional: If you are planning on configuring a domain alias (CNAME), please replace 'socialize.gigya.com' with your alias sub domain (CNAME value). For example:http://socialize.yoursite.com
- Confirm that you accept the guidelines (first radio button).
- Click the blue confirmation button at the bottom of the page.
- On the next page accept the guidelines.
- See your OAuth Consumer Key and Consumer Secret in the blue rectangle on the top of the page.
- To find your YAP ID: (App ID)
Click the Yahoo JAPAN logo to go back to Yahoo JAPAN’s front page.
Click the box on the left (Application Management)
- Click the name of your app.
See your application ID
Phase 2 - Configuring Yahoo's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Open your Providers Configurations page in the Gigya Console.
- Open the Yahoo JAPAN configuration editor by clicking on the corresponding image.
- Enter your Client ID (Consumer Key) from the Yahoo Dashboard into the field labeled "OAuth consumer key" (Be sure to copy the entire Key).
Enter your Client Secret (Consumer Secret) from the Yahoo Dashboard into the field labeled "Shared Secret".
Select Secure redirects only to allow only HTTPS redirects from Yahoo Japan.
- Click OK and then Save Settings.
That's it, Yahoo JAPAN configuration is complete!