This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in VKontakte as part of the Gigya Setup process.
When using any 3rd Party Apps with SAP Customer Data Cloud, it is important to ensure that you Enable retrieving user contacts from the Permissions page of the Console prior to making your app live. This enables the user's contacts retrieval from providers that don't consider this an elevated permission.
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in VKontakte
- Log into your VK account and click on the following URL: https://vk.com/dev.
- Click on My Applications.
- Click on Create Application.
- Fill in your: Applications Title, the Type of application it is (web-site), your site's address and base domain (as presented in the following screenshot). The Category/Type must be 'Web-site'.
- Press the Connect Site button.
- You will be requested to enter confirmation information such as a mobile confirmation code sent to the phone associated with your account.
- Next, enter the Information tab of the app and configure it's settings. You will need to set the status to Application is Active and can be viewed. Ensure that Open API is Included. In the Open API section fill in your Website Address. Select a Catagory/Theme. Enter your Basic Domains - these will be your site's domain and, if using Gigya servers (not a CName), you need to include socialize.gigya.com or if you are using a non-US datacenter, the URI must also include the datacenter, socialize.eu1.gigya.com . Finally, enter your Authorized Redirect URIs. If not using a CName enter https://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx , and if you are using a non-US datacenter, the URI must also include the datacenter, e.g.,
- You will need the Application ID and Secure code listed at the top of this page for the Gigya Provider Configurations page in Phase 2.
- Click the Save Configuration button.
- Proceed to Phase 2, below.
Phase 2 - Configuring VKontakte's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Log into your Gigya account and go to the Providers Configurations page of Gigya's Console.
- Click on VKontakte to open its configuration window.
- Paste the application ID from phase 1 in the 'API Key' field and the secure key from phase 1 in the 'Secret Key' field.
- Select Secure redirects only to allow only HTTPS redirects from VKontakte.
- Click OK, and then Save Settings at the lower right-hand corner of the page.
That's it, VKontakte's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with VKontakte.