This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in Tencent QQ as part of the Gigya Setup process.
When using any 3rd Party Apps with SAP Customer Data Cloud, it is important to ensure that you Enable retrieving user contacts from the Permissions page of the Console prior to making your app live. This enables the user's contacts retrieval from providers that don't consider this an elevated permission.
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in QQ
- Log into your QQ account and click on the following URL: http://connect.qq.com/
Login or create a new account.
QQ now requires all developers go through a verification process, this includes providing them your China Identification documentation and a China based phone number.
- Once logged in, select Site/application and press the button.
- Once at the App Management page, click on Create App.
- Enter your application name, short description and company name.
Select a category and sub-category from the drop-down lists.
- Enter your web-site address.
- In the last box, enter the redirect URL https://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx or https://socialize.eu1.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx (for those using Gigya's European data center) For additional Data Centers, see Finding Your Data Center. If you use a cname, enter it here.
Check the boxes confirming that you accept the QQ developer's terms & conditions and that you accept the QQ privacy policies.
If you have not done so, you must verify your ownership of the entered website address, by entry of an HTML tag in the section of its homepage.
- To view the verification code hover over the button to the right of the box.
- This opens a pop-up with instructions to post a code in the section of your homepage.html or in the index.html page. The code will be in the format
- Upon successful verification, press the green button.
- This opens a checklist of issues that need to be corrected before the app is submitted to QQ for review. Sections which are complete will have a green check, those that need more data will have a gray plus sign next to them.
- Click the incomplete item, this will open the Upload URL page. Mandatory logo images are 16x16 and 100x100. Other sizes are optional, if you do not specify them they will be generated automatically from the 100x100 image.
- Return to the app submission page and click on your app's name at the top left of the page.
Copy the APP ID and APP KEY for use in the Gigya dashboard.
- In the next screen click on the green button to submit your app for QQ approval. Note that approval can take up to 48 hours. Approval notification is by email and is not guaranteed.
Phase 2 - Configuring QQ's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Open the Providers Configuration page of Gigya's Console.
- Select QQ from the list of providers
- Paste the 'APP ID' and 'APP Key' from the end of phase 1, in the corresponding places:
- Select Secure redirects only to allow only HTTPS redirects from QQ.
- Click OK", then click "Save Settings".
That's it, QQ's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with QQ.