This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in Sina Weibo as part of the Gigya Setup process.
When using any 3rd Party Apps with SAP Customer Data Cloud, it is important to ensure that you Enable retrieving user contacts from the Permissions page of the Console prior to making your app live. This enables the user's contacts retrieval from providers that don't consider this an elevated permission.
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in Sina Weibo
- Log into your Sina Weibo account and click on the following URL: http://open.weibo.com/development
- Click on the orange button.
- Choose the first option from the left (For Google translate users - the 'Site access' button).
- Enter your site name. This field is limited to 10 mandarin characters or 20 alphanumeric characters (no spaces allowed).
To avoid verification issues, try matching the site name with the title attribute of your home page.
- Enter your site domain, without the "http://www." prefix.
- Choose your authentication method. This method will be used to verify admin permissions on your domain.
You can choose to embed verification code in your home page HTML, or add a text file to your website's root directory.
- After you have completed step 6, make sure to check that you accept the sina weibo developer agreement and click on the green "Verify and add" button.
In the Developer Info section, choose whether your app will be for Personal or Company use.
If you select Company, the fields of the form remain the same, however, you will receive a warning that if you select Company, you may not downgrade to Personal in the future. Recommended best practice is to select Company, otherwise you will not have access to all of the fields in the App Basic Settings page.
This form does not accept special characters. If you continue to receive warning messages on the form fields, you should remove all special characters (i.e., commas, periods, white-space, etc.). Recommended Best Practice is to always enter Chinese characters only, rather than English, whenever possible.
- Next you will reach the developer identity verification page where you will be asked to fill in your identification details.
In order to proceed, you will have to submit an identification document photo, and complete SMS verification.
For the ICP field, you should select whether you are a local (China based) or foreign company. Foreign sites will need to upload a relevant company/site operating license or other comparable official document.
- On the next window, enter a short description in the field under your application URL (up to 15 mandarin characters).
- Enter a long description (maximum 1000 mandarin characters).
- The next field is Secure Domain ( ). Yes ( ) must be selected here.
A new field will appear, enter in your CName, or if using Gigya servers, enter socialize.gigya.com.
When using Web App (not Web API Access), this URL must be a 3rd level domain. You must not include your Gigya Data Center in the URL, i.e., it must be socialize.gigya.com not socialize.eu.gigya.com.
- Select at least 3 tags from the 'Tags' drop-down list (at least one must be selected).
- Copy the 'App Key' and 'App Secret' for use in the Gigya console.
- At the bottom of the page, upload 2 icons in sizes 16x16 pixels, 80x80 pixels.
- When you have finished uploading the images, click on the green button that reads 'save more information'
- On the top of the page the 'submit the application for review' button will be enabled. Click it and then click OK on the prompt:
- Click on the 4th link on the left 'Interface', and select the Authorization label. This opens the OAuth2.0 authorization page.
Click on the 'Editor' link on the right to open the call back fields:
In the "call back page" fields enter http://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx or http://socialize.eu1.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx, if you are using Gigya' European data center.
This page serves both authorization and deauthorization call backs.
If you are using a CNAME, replace socialize.gigya.com or socialize.eu1.gigya.com with your CNAME instead.
- Click on the 4th link on the left 'Interface', and select the Application label. This opens the 申请接口 page (Application Interface).
- Check the last box: "用户邮箱高级读取接口" (Read the user's mailbox).
Phase 2 - Configuring Sina Weibo's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Open the Providers Configuration page of Gigya's Console.
- Select Sina from the list of providers.
- Paste the 'APP key' and 'Secret Key' you copied from the Sina site in the corresponding places.
- If you use a CNAME, check the box.
- Select Secure redirects only to allow only HTTPS redirects from Sina.
- Click OK.
- Click Save Settings on the lower right-hand corner.
That's it, Sina Weibo's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Sina Weibo.
When using Gigya to share to Sina Weibo, the 'title' and 'pic' params are not sent in the request. This is to decrease the likelihood of errors occurring while sharing content to this provider.