Gigya’s integration with Silverpop combines Gigya's rich identity data with Silverpop's automated digital marketing in order to target users more accurately in marketing campaigns and newsletters. Account data and subscription information, including opt-ins and opt-outs, is synchronized between Gigya and Silverpop on a recurring basis (daily batch transfers) or on demand, using IdentitySync, Gigya's ETL service.
The integration is based on inbound and outbound IdentitySync data flows. There are two implementation options:
Option 1: Sync to the Email Status Field
Sync users' subscription status (opted in/out) to the default status field in Silverpop. This is the recommended best practice.
The benefits of this option include:
- Keep a clear 1:1 relationship between Gigya and Silverpop lists
- Ability to support Silverpop's global logout
Click here for an explanation of the Gigya-to-Silverpop dataflow and a code template. In this option, you will be using the newsletterField parameter of the datasource.write.silverpop IdentitySync component.
Option 2: Sync to a Custom Field
The second option is to have more than one newsletter (i.e., a smart list) in a list. In this option, you add a custom Boolean field to the Silverpop list to which the Gigya subscription status is synced.
In this scenario, the email status field should be mapped to one main newsletter, and the other newsletters will be mapped to the custom field and have a dependency to the email status.
Information to Prepare
Before setting up the flows, you should prepare certain information.
- Your Engage pod number. For example, if you access engage5.silverpop.com, 5 is the pod number.
OAuth application details:
- Client ID
- Client Secret
- Refresh token
The ID of the Silverpop list you want to synchronize with Gigya.
A unique identifier should be assigned in Silverpop to the list.
If no such identifier is set, you should initiate the sync_fields parameter in your IdentitySync integration to indicate the unique IDs of the rows being transferred.
- Decide which profile information should be synced into Silverpop, e.g., first name, phone number.
1. Set Up an OAuth Application
- In your Silverpop dashboard, go to Settings > Organization Settings > Application Account Access.
- Click Add Application.
- Enter the name Gigya and click Add.
The system displays the Client ID and Client Secret for the Gigya application. Copy these details to give to your Gigya Implementation Consultant
- Back in the Application Account Access box, click Add Account Access.
- Select the Gigya application you just created and select a user account.
- Click Add.
- A Refresh Token enabling access to the Gigya application will be sent to the user account's email address.
2. Configure Your Time Zone
To make sure your Silverpop account is set to GMT:
- Go to Settings > User Accounts.
- Select the user account you will be using for the Gigya integration.
- In the View/Edit User page, under Time Zone, choose GMT.