The preference center is your main point of contact with your customer. Companies who wish to build a relationship of trust with engaged, active users, must make sure that they clearly display to users the data stored in their account, and enable a way to manage their communication and privacy preferences. In addition, compliance regulations require presenting to users the data which you have collected about them in a clear, transparent way. You can create such a preference center by implementing Gigya's profile screens.
- Unified user database enables presenting a holistic view of the customer, including data gathered from various platforms
- Dedicated Gigya widgets display to users the policies to which they consented, and the time they did so; as well as their communication preferences
- Powerful capabilities for displaying data conditionally so as to prevent confusion and maintain accuracy
While Gigya offers a full suite of solutions designed to help clients comply with applicable data privacy laws, it is the clients' responsibility to comply with its obligations under such data privacy laws. Please consult with your legal team regarding such data privacy laws prior to implementation of the Gigya suite of solutions.
The Update Profile Screen-Set
The suggested implementation is based on Gigya's Update Profile Screen-Set. The screen-set includes several screens, including a screen for updating the profile, one for reviewing the policies to which the user agreed, and another for managing communication preferences.
- Add new field to the schema as needed, using the Schema Editor.
- Create the profile screens by adding a new screen-set collection.
- Map fields as needed.
Add a Gigya screen to your site by calling accounts.showScreenSet and specifying the screen-set name (e.g. profileUpdate), and calling the specific screen using the startScreen parameter, according to the following format:
To embed the screen in the page, specify the div in which it will be contained, under the containerID parameter. For more information, see accounts.showScreenSet.
The "Update Profile" screen should contain all the user's personal data, and especially personally identifiable information (PII) such as first name, last name, email address, home address etc., and any other information they have entered throughout their site journey. You can customize the screen to reflect to the user that the preference center is their place to manage their own data, and take the opportunity to increase transparency and trust.
The "Privacy" screen should reflect to users:
- Any other consent statement, if your site includes such statements (displayed via consent widgets).
- If you offer a non-mandatory consent statement, you should include a checkbox that is mapped to that statement, to provide users the option to withdraw consent that they gave, or to agree to a statement that they have previously not agreed to.
For more information, see Consent Management.
This screen is where users view their communication preferences, and subscribe to or unsubscribe from newsletters, notifications, and other communication channels.
For more information, see Communication Preferences.