All the following are only Notes and not related to the finished documentation.
This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external Naver application as part of the Gigya Setup process.
These instructions assume that you already have a verified Naver account.
Note that all forms should only be submitted while in Korean, not while in translation mode, this is especially important for the Developer's account registration form in Phase 1b.
Phase 1 - Creating a Naver Application
Sign-in or Sign-up for a Naver account at https://www.naver.com/.
Once logged in, navigate to developers.naver.com/apps/#/list
You will now be at the Application Dashboard.
Click on Application registration, and then the Confirm popup.
A valid phone number is required to complete Naver Developer registration.
When you receive the SMS code, enter it into the next screen.
On the following screen you will setup your application.
Be sure to select PC Web from the Add an environment drop-down, this will then ask you for your valid redirect URIs.
Your Callback URL (redirect URI) should be, if using a CNAME:
If not using a CNAME, then:For help determining your data center, click here.
Finally, click registration.
If everything was successful, you will now receive your Client ID and Client Secret, which must be entered into the Gigya Console in Phase 2.
Note that by default the app is in Developing mode and will need to be activated before launching in a production environment.
Phase 2 - Configuring Naver in the Gigya Console
Setting your keys in the Naver Configuration Editor
- Log into your Gigya account and go to the Providers Configurations page.
- Click on the Naver logo to open its configuration window.
- In the Naver Configuration window enter:
- Your Client ID from the Naver Developers Dashboard into the Client ID field (from Phase 1).
- Your Client Secret into the Client Secret field (from Phase 1).
- If you are using a CNAME, be sure to check the Enable CName checkbox.
- Click OK.
- Click Save Settings on the bottom right-hand corner of the Provider Configurations page.
That's it, Naver configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Naver.