Gigya offers a range of out-of-the box features for powering your sites and apps on mobile devices for a seamless user experience and rich identity information all around. These include:
- Web Browsing: by default, all of Gigya's Screen-Sets, including those you customize using the UI Builder, are responsive and automatically optimized to fit the screen on which they are displayed.
- Native Apps: Gigya offers a host of Mobile SDKs for including our identity solutions in your mobile apps.
Mobile Web Browsing
By default, all RaaS screen-sets are responsive, resize to match the size of the device used and are optimized for mobile devices. This includes screens that are highly customized using the UI Builder. You only need to deploy once to receive registration, login and other screens that are perfectly adapted to the device being used.
Adapted UI for Mobile View
The following plugins support mobile view mode:
Enabling Mobile View Mode
To enable the mobile view mode, when calling the plugin method call, set the deviceType parameter to auto. For example:
Gigya will identify the device (using user-agent) and if it is a mobile device, the plugin will be rendered in its mobile view mode.
For Gigya to automatically determine the device type using deviceType: 'auto'; you must also include the following meta tag in the <head> section of your site.
Handling Login on Mobile
The authFlow: 'redirect' parameter ensures that the login flow will complete without using cross-window scripting. To login, the user is redirected to the provider's authentication URL to perform authentication and then redirected back to the original page (or, if specified, to the URL provided to the redirectURL parameter).
When implementing the 'Redirect' login flow, it is important to note the following:
- Logging in with authFlow= redirect from a screen-set does not redirect to the same state. This means that it is up to the partner to display the correct screen-set after login is successful.
* Any plugin that performs login can accept the authFlow parameter. For example, the following code will invoke the redirect flow on login:
The SDKs provide access to Gigya's core API, while providing mobile UIs for RaaS Screen-Sets, Social Login, Adding Connections to Social Networks, Comments, Ratings and Reviews, and Share Bar. Additionally, data for all of Gigya's plugins (except Reactions) can be retrieved via the REST API, enabling you to create your own custom UI's to fit with your native application.
Key Implementation Points
The mobile application (that uses a Mobile SDK) is a client-side application. Therefore the following client-side rules apply:
- Proper security measures should be taken. Please do not use your Gigya Secret Key in your mobile application. The Secret Key should only be used in server-server calls and should never be passed to the client-side application. For more information on how and where to set up your secret key, see the relevant section for Android, iOS, or Cordova.
- You can only make API calls on behalf of the currently logged-in user.
- The mobile SDK stores login session information in a Gigya session object which is managed by the SDK. This is unlike our Web SDK which stores login session information in a cookie.