This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in Microsoft as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Phase 1 - Opening the Application in Microsoft
- Go to the following URL: https://apps.dev.microsoft.com/ (sign in required).
- Click on Add an app.
- Enter an Name for your application.
- Under Application Id is the key you will enter in the Client ID field of the Gigya Console.
- In the Application Secrets section, press Generate New Password.
- Copy the secret you get here and save it immediately. You can not reacquire this secret key after closing the popup window. This is the Secret Key you will input to the Gigya Console.
- In the Platforms section, click Add Platform and select Web.
In the Web configuration, add your Redirect URIs. These must be a CNAME alias and all lower-case. Allow Implicit Flow should remain checked.
You must use either https://socialize.<data_center_id>.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx or a CNAME configured using a Custom API Domain Prefix configured via Gigya Customer Service.
- In the Profile section, upload a Logo, and input links to both your Terms of Service URL and Privacy Statement URL.
- Under Advanced Options, ensure that Live SDK support is checked.
- Click Save.
- Set Mobile or Desktop client app to "yes", Restrict JWT issuing to "Yes", Enhanced Redirect Security to "Enabled".
Phase 2 - Configuring Microsoft's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Select Provider Configurations from the left hand menu.
- Click the Icon for Messenger to open the Configuration dialog.
- Insert your Client ID and Secret Key you received from Microsoft in the previous section in the corresponding fields.
- A CNAME is required to use the Microsoft/Messenger app. Please be sure you have a correctly configured CNAME for your site and that the Enable CName checkbox is ticked.
- Click OK and then the Save Settings button located at the bottom right of the Provider Configurations page.
That's it, Microsoft application configuration is complete!
Please note that it may take up to 10 minutes for changes to become synchronized with Microsoft.