This guide will show you how to quickly set up and implement Gigya's default Loyalty Challenge within your site.
- Login to the Gigya Console and proceed to the Site Settings for the domain in which you wish to implement Loyalty by clicking either the Site Name or its Site Settings.
- Open the Game Mechanics Setup page from the left-hand menu.
- On the Game Mechanics Settings page, click on Default Challenge to expand the section.
- Click on the Settings icon.
- In the Challenge Settings page, you will see that the Default Challenge has all Actions already activated. You may:
- Remove Actions to prevent awarding points to your users from these actions.
- Edit the settings for any of the individual Actions to change the Points awarded for completing them.
- Edit the Settings for the individual Levels.
- Opt to Hide Challenge from user until first level is reached. This will keep the user from knowing that the challenge exists until they perform enough Actions to reach Level 1.
- To enable this Challenge with it's default OOB settings, all you need to do is set it's Status to Enabled and then Save Settings.
After enabling the Default Challenge, the Status light turns green for this challenge in the Game Mechanics Setup Dashboard.
Create your first implementation scripts
To implement a basic Loyalty configuration within your site requires the following Gigya APIs.
- accounts.addEventHandlers JS (or, if using the socialize namespace, socialize.addEventHandlers JS)
- gm.showUserStatusUI JS
- gm.showAchievementsUI JS
- gm.showChallengeStatusUI JS
- gm.showLeaderboardUI JS
- gm.showNotifications JS
The following section will explain how to configure these APIs as well as provide you with plug-and-play code examples.
Individual Loyalty add-ons
There are 4 Loyalty widgets that you will need to implement as well as the Notifications add-on, to fully utilize this platform.
Plug And Play Code
The following code assumes that you have already implemented RaaS Login and Logout on your site. If still need to add RaaS to your site, please review the Customer Identity Quick Start Guide before continuing.
Paste the following code into your site:
The above code, assuming a new installation, will result in the following widget displayed on your site for users.
Creating Custom Challenges
You are now ready to create and implement your own custom challenges within your site. For a more detailed explanation of all the various Actions, Levels and available parameters, see the following Additional Resources.
- Loyalty Add-Ons
- Loyalty Configuration and Administration
- Loyalty - Gamification and User Behavior
- Gamification add-ons Demo
- UserAction JS