The Import Guides
When generating JSON files for data migration, it is important to ensure that the format and the content is valid JSON and matches the field schema per the Import Guides. For RaaS, this also means ensuring that the data types in the file match your defined schema. The following is a partial checklist of pitfalls and recommendations to review before sending an import file to Gigya.
- The file should validate with jsonlint
- Escape only double quotes, backslashes, newlines, and tabs.
- Remove any non-printable characters such as ^@, ^[, ^A, etc.
- Confirm that all values match their schema data type. For example, integer and boolean values should not be surrounded in quotes.
- All Gigya API parameters are CASE SENSITIVE. Ensure that each parameter uses the proper cases. For example, "streamId" is invalid. It should be "streamID".
- Ensure JSON keys and values are surrounded by double quotes, not single quotes.
- Ensure there are no trailing commas after the final elements in arrays.