This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external Google application as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Phase 1 - Setting up a Google Application
Creating a project
- Go to the Google Developers Console at https://console.developers.google.com.
- Open the 'Project' menu and select 'Create project'.
- In the "New Project" box:
- Enter a project name.
- Select whether or not to receive updates from Google.
- Read and confirm the terms of service.
- Click "Create".
Selecting your APIs for use with Gigya
- In the Library tab of the API Manager, select "Google+ API" (under 'Social APIs').
- On the following page press the ENABLE button.
- Return to the Library tab, click the "More" link under the "Google Apps APIs" section and select "Contacts API".
- Press the "Enable" button on the next page to activate the Contacts API.
Get your Google credentials
- In the left-hand menu, select "Credentials".
- Click Create credentials and select OAuth client ID from the drop-down.
- You will see a notice that you must first set a product name on the consent screen. Click the blue button to Configure consent screen.
- Enter the name of your product or service in the applicable field and press Save.
- Select Web application as the Application type. This will open the URL options.
In the Authorized redirect URIs field, enter the following and press Create.
- If using Gigya - http://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx? and https://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx? (one per line)
- If using a CName - http(s)://<CNAME>/GS/GSLogin.aspx?
- A window will appear with your client ID and Secret. Copy the information for use below, then click OK.
- (This step is only for first time users) - On the page that opens, fill in:
- Your email address
- Your app's product name
- Your credentials are now ready.
Phase 2 - Configuring Google Application Keys in Gigya's Website
Setting your keys in the Google Configuration Editor
- Log into your Gigya account and go to the Providers Configurations page.
- Click on the Google logo to open its configuration window.
- In the Google Configuration window enter:
- Your "Client ID" from the Google Developers Dashboard into the "Consumer Key" field. (The entire string, including .apps.googleusercontent.com)
- Your "Client Secret" into the "Secret Key" field.
- If you are using a CNAME, be sure to check the "Enable CName" checkbox.
- Checking "Enable Native SDK Capabilities" is required to enable automatic login. For more information see Native SDK Capabilities.
- Click "OK".
- Click "Save Settings" on the bottom right-hand corner.
That's it, Google configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Google.