This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in FourSquare as part of the Gigya Setup process.
The license could not be verified: License Certificate has expired!
When using any 3rd Party Apps with SAP Customer Data Cloud, it is important to ensure that you Enable retrieving user contacts from the Permissions page of the Console prior to making your app live. This enables the user's contacts retrieval from providers that don't consider this an elevated permission.
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in FourSquare
- Log into your FourSquare account and click on the following URL: https://foursquare.com/developers/register
- Fill in your application name.
- In the "Web addresses" box:
- In "Download / welcome page url", enter your website's address.
- In "Redirect URIs", enter http://socialize.gigya.com/
Note: please do not use https.
- Press the 'Save Changes' button.
- In the next screen, copy the 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' codes.
Phase 2 - Configuring FourSquare's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
Open the Providers Configuration page of Gigya's Console.
Select Foursquare from the list of providers.
- Paste your keys (the 'Client ID' and the 'Client Secret' from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Select Secure redirects only to allow only HTTPS redirects from Foursquare.
- Click Save Settings at the lower right-hand corner.
That's it, FourSquare's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with FourSquare.