This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in FourSquare as part of the Gigya Setup process.
The license could not be verified: License Certificate has expired!
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in FourSquare
- Log into your FourSquare account and click on the following URL: https://foursquare.com/developers/register
- Fill in your application name.
- In the "Web addresses" box:
- In "Download / welcome page url", enter your website's address.
- In "Redirect URIs", enter http://socialize.gigya.com/
Note: please do not use https.
- Press the 'Save Changes' button.
- In the next screen, copy the 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' codes.
Phase 2 - Configuring FourSquare's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
Open the Providers Configuration page of Gigya's Console.
Select Foursquare from the list of providers.
- Paste your keys (the 'Client ID' and the 'Client Secret' from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Select Secure redirects only to allow only HTTPS redirects from Foursquare.
- Click Save Settings at the lower right-hand corner.
That's it, FourSquare's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with FourSquare.