This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in FourSquare as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in FourSquare
- Log into your FourSquare account and click on the following URL: https://foursquare.com/developers/register
- Fill in your application name.
- In the "Web addresses" box:
- In "Download / welcome page url", enter your website's address.
- In "Redirect URIs", enter http://socialize.gigya.com/
Note: please do not use https.
- Press the 'Save Changes' button.
- In the next screen, copy the 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' codes.
Phase 2 - Configuring FourSquare's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Select "Provider's Configurations" and click the Foursquare icon.
- Paste your keys (the 'Client ID' and the 'Client Secret' from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, FourSquare's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with FourSquare.