This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in FourSquare as part of the Gigya Setup process.
When using any 3rd Party Apps with Gigya, it is important to ensure that you Enable retrieving user contacts from the Permissions page of the Console prior to making your app live. This enables basic username and email retrieval for your users from providers that don't consider this an elevated permission.
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in FourSquare
- Log into your FourSquare account and click on the following URL: https://foursquare.com/developers/register
- Fill in your application name.
- In the "Web addresses" box:
- In "Download / welcome page url", enter your website's address.
- In "Redirect URIs", enter http://socialize.gigya.com/
Note: please do not use https.
- Press the 'Save Changes' button.
- In the next screen, copy the 'Client ID' and 'Client Secret' codes.
Phase 2 - Configuring FourSquare's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Select "Provider's Configurations" and click the Foursquare icon.
- Paste your keys (the 'Client ID' and the 'Client Secret' from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, FourSquare's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with FourSquare.