This feature or component is being deprecated and will cease to function on January 31, 2021. For more information, see Social Engagement Deprecation.
The Gigya plugins are pre-built Web GUI elements that can be used to perform common tasks that are related to social networks.
Gigya offers the following plugins (Gigya Social Engagement consists of the following Plugins except Loyalty):
- Share Bar - The plugin displays a bar of buttons for sharing to social destinations.
- Comments - The plugin displays commenting streams.
- R&R - The plugins give your customers an easy way to provide feedback on product and content across your site.
- Reactions - A one click reaction buttons bar, allowing users to easily interact with posts or content on your site.
- Share - The plugin is a pop-up dialog that gives the user an option to publish a newsfeed to multiple social networks.
- Loyalty - There are five Loyalty add-ons:
- Achievements - The plugin enables users to view their currently achieved level, badge image and title per challenge.
- Challenge Status - The plugin users to view all the badges, both locked and unlocked, of the specified challenge.
- User Status - The plugin enables users to view their current status in a specific challenge, and control their privacy settings.
- Leaderboard - The plugin displays the top ranking users in a specific challenge.
- Notifications - The plugin notifies the user of his latest achievement, and allows him to share this to his social networks.
- Add Connections - This plugin enables establishing connections to social networks.
- Edit Connections - Lets users connect to additional destinations and disconnect from their existing connections.
Gigya plugins are highly customizable. You can customize each plugin through the use of the plugin's method parameters (see the params table in the Methods reference pages). You can also use the setup wizards (see below) for basic customization and simple integration.
The Plugin Script Editor may be accessed via the Plugin Script Editor page of the Developer's Guide. These wizards are the best way to get started with the Gigya service and to get a basic integration up and running as quickly as possible. The setup wizards let you modify some basic settings, while previewing the changes as you make them. Based on your modifications, the wizards generate code that you can insert into your own application with minimal modifications.
Step 1 of the setup lets you modify some common visual and behavioral properties of the plugin.
These settings take effect when you press the View/Update and Show The Code button so you can see a preview of your design grab the generated code to use in your application.
The wizards allow you to easily perform modifications in the plugins' visual aspects. The generated code is actually constituted of code fragments that simply display the plugin. In addition, to fully integrate a plugin and use its full functionality, you may wish to:
- Create an action (button, link, etc) and associate it with the creation of the plugin.
- Define event handlers and register for events that are initiated by the plugin; the Events page explains how this is done.
Dialog or Embedded
All plugins may be displayed as dialogs (pop-up) at the center of the browser screen. They may also be embedded inside the application. This behavior is controlled by the presence of the containerID parameter, which is passed to the plugins' method calls (as part of the 'params' object).
To embed a plugin in a certain DIV?, set the containerID parameter with the specific DIV ID (see usage in the working examples). If the containerID parameter is provided, the plugin will embed itself in the corresponding DIV - in which case the application must hide the plugin when it is no longer required. If the containerID parameter is not provided (or if it is set to 'null' value), the plugin will be displayed as a dialog and will disappear when the relevant user interaction is completed.
Gigya plugins fire various events as a result of user interaction. To complement the Gigya plugins integration, we encourage you to continue to the Events guide and learn how to register for Events that are generated by Gigya.