Gigya’s integration with Constant Contact offers an easy way to integrate Gigya's rich, permission-based social data and other profile information with Constant Contact's marketing automation software.
To use this integration, contact your Gigya Implementation Consultant and we will set it up for you.
The integration synchronizes user data between Gigya and Constant Contact on a recurring basis (daily) or ad-hoc, including:
- Creating and updating users in Constant Contact based on information from Gigya.
- Updating user data in Gigya based on information from Constant Contact.
Integration with Constant Contact is a premium service requiring activation. For more information, please contact your Gigya Customer Engagement Executive or enter a support request on our site.
- The integration uses Constant Contact bulk activities. See the Constant Contact documentation for details and limitations.
- Constant Contact supports only the ISO-8859-1 character set, while the Gigya database supports UTF-8. If a field in Gigya includes characters that are not supported in CC, this will cause problems in the import to CC.
The integration is set up by your Gigya Implementation Consultant. All you have to do is supply the following data:
- Your Constant Contact API Key with Partner privileges
- An access token
- The List ID of the contact list you want to integrate with the Gigya database.
See instructions below.
Getting a CC API Key and Access Token
To get an API key and access token:
A confirmation email from Constant Contact will be sent to your email address. Click the link in the email message to confirm your account.
- Register a new application to receive API access. In the form, make sure that "Issue a new key for Constant Contact API" is checked.
- Constant Contact displays your new API key. Copy this key and then click the "Get an access token and try the API here" link.
- In the API testing/debugging page that opens, your API key should be filled in automatically. If it's not, paste it in the box. Then click the "Get Access Token" button.
- If you are not logged into your regular Constant Contact account (as opposed to your developer account), you are asked to log in now.
- A message asks you to if you want to grant the new application/API key access to your Constant Contact data. Click the "Allow" button.
- Your access token is displayed.
Getting Partner Privileges
You may have noticed in your Application Registration Form that you signed up to receive standard API access with certain rate limits. For our integration, you will require Partner API access, which has higher rate limits. Contact CC Support to receive the Partner API access that is necessary for integration with Gigya.
If you encounter any issues, please contact your Gigya Implementation Consultant for assistance.
Finding Out the List ID
In order to find the List ID:
- Go to the CC API tester page at https://constantcontact.mashery.com/io-docs
- Enter your CC API key and access token.
- Scroll down and choose Retrieve a collection of ContactLists.
- Click the Try it! button.
The response is an array of objects for all the lists in the account. Find your list according to its name and copy its ID.