This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in WeChat as part of the Gigya Setup process. Please note that in order to use WeChat, you must first configure application settings for the WeChat social network in the Gigya console. WeChat cannot operate in demo mode.
When using any 3rd Party Apps with Gigya, it is important to ensure that you Enable retrieving user contacts from the Permissions page of the Console prior to making your app live. This enables basic username and email retrieval for your users from providers that don't consider this an elevated permission.
Phase 1: Opening an Application in WeChat
- Go to the WeChat developers' page at https://open.weixin.qq.com/, click the Login link and enter your email and password to log into the site (if you have not signed up for the site yet, you will have to sign up first).
- In the Applications page, click on the button to create a new app.
- In the first step of the app creation process, enter your app's name and description and upload two icons for the app (28x28 pixels and 108x108 pixels in PNG format, up to 300 KB in file size). Then click the green "Next" button.
- In the second step of the app creation process:
- In the "Authorized Callback URL" box, enter your CNAME if you have one, or enter "socialize.<Data_Center>" (how to determine your data center).Where <Data_Center> is:
us1.gigya.com- For the US data center.
eu1- For the European data center.
au1- For the Australian data center.
ru1- For the Russian data center.
cn1- For the Chinese data center.
If you are not sure of your site's data center, see Finding Your Data Center.
- In the Website URL box, enter your website URL.
- Click the link to download the WeChat registration form.
Phase 2: Configuring WeChat's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section in the Gigya console (if you have not signed into Gigya yet, you will need to do so now).
- Click the the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure.
- In the Settings page, under Site Settings,selec "Providers Configuration".
On the "Providers Configurations" page, select the WeChat app settings.
- Paste the 'APP ID' and 'APP Key' from phase 1, in the corresponding places:
- Click the "OK" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page), then click the "Save Settings" button on the "Providers Configurations" page.
Currently, Gigya only supports WeChat for Social Login. For a complete list of supported capabilities by social network, please review our Social Network Capabilities Table.
That's it, WeChat's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with QQ.