You can locate these reports in the Reports tab of the Gigya Console.
The Reports category includes the following reports:
New Registered Users
A daily breakdown of new registrations to your website and their registration method. This includes either site registration or registration through Gigya's Social Login, in case of social login - the social network used to register.
Who is counted as a new registered user?
A new registered user is a user who:
- Has a login ID.
- Has completed the registration flow (Including providing all required fields, and in case of active policies - COPPA or TFA thresholds are met).
- Has not linked accounts to the new created account.
- Is not an imported user.
Users who are pending email verification are counted as new registered users.
Every time an API or PlugIn is called to create a new user, the system records a new registration. APIs which register new users are socialize.login , socialize.notifyLogin, socialize.notifyRegistration and accounts.register. Refer to the Social Login guide and Registration-as-a-Service guide for more information.
Differences between reports data and query data
The accounts.search and ids.search methods and the Identity Query Tool look in Gigya's IDS for information matching the query you provide and give a real-time answer. In contrast, the reports produced in the console rely on events triggered by API calls and may not present the same results. For example, users who close their account after registration will be included in the New Registered Users report but will not appear in queries generated by the Identity Query Tool or the search methods.
Filtering by age and gender
The use of the 'Age' and 'Gender' filters is optimal in schemas where they are defined as 'required'. When defined as 'optional', these fields may contain no data. Unlike having an 'unspecified' value, which is a user's choice not to reveal it's gender, 'No data' means that no data was submitted to that field, resulting in an incomplete report. Select the 'No data' filter in order to retrieve the remainder of the data for the 'New Registered Users' report.
Dates refer to the time the user registration was completed or was initiated and are equivalent to the createdTimestamp in the account structure .
Report information is also available using reports.getAccountsStats.
New Users by Provider
Displays the distribution of new registered users by the provider through which they registered during the selected period. The provider is either the site or the social registration provider for users who registered through Gigya's Social Login.
Displays the number of users who logged in per day. For Registration-as-a-Service customers the report shows the number of users who logged in, excluding new user registrations.
For customers of Social Login the report counts users that are either new user registrations or returning users, and logged in either through the site login or through Gigya's Social Login.
Logged-in Users by Provider
Displays the distribution of logged-in users by the provider through which they logged in during the selected period. The provider is either the site or the social login provider for users who logged in through Gigya's Social Login.
New Social Network Connections
Displays the number of new social network connections per day. Counts connections generated by the socialize.addConnection API.
The Demographics Report includes several graphs that show distribution by age and gender:
- New Users by Age - The percentage or number of new users by age group during the selected period.
- New Users by Gender - The percentage or number of new users by gender during the selected period.
- Users by Location - The number of logged-in users according to geographic location.
Key Influencers (iRank)
The Influencers Report presents the top influencers for this site. You may select how many top users to display (options are: 10, 100, 1000, 10000) and for which site:
To be included in the report, influencers must have shared a link, a media item or a status to a social network.
To trigger an iRank incrementing action, users actions must invoke one of the sharing methods - socialize.setStatus, socialize.postBookmark and socialize.publishUserAction, or Gigya's share or share-bar plugins.
The influencers are displayed with the top influencer on top, arranged in a table with the following columns:
- Photo - the user's social network photo
- UID - the user's unique ID. Click on the link to open the full ID in a pop-up window.
- Name - the user's name
- Email - the user's email, if provided
- iRank - influencer rank. The iRank is a number between 0-100, which denotes the percentile location of the user in comparison to all other site users as a site influencer. For example, if a user's iRank equals 80, this means that 80% of the site users influence less than this user, or in other words, this user is in the top 20% of site influencers.
The iRank is calculated based on the amount of exposure this user gives to the site. The calculation is done for the past several months, where recent activities receive higher ranks. The iRank is per site (per API-Key), the same user may have different ranks for different domains.The iRank calculation uses the following parameters:
- The number of friends this user has in all the networks to which he is connected through this site.
- The number of times this user shared something in this site (per month).
- The number of click backs that were made as a result of this user's shares.
You can click on the Excel icon to export the list to an Excel file in a CSV format. In addition to the Influencers table, the CSV file displays each user's unique User ID.