This reports category includes the following reports:
Displays the number of items shared per day. This refers to any operation that makes site material available to multiple other sites, such as shares, sent messages, bookmarking, sharing reactions, and commenting.
The share report, unlike the counter on the share bar, displays the number of shares made through Gigya's service alone. This enables the data to be broken down to a daily resolution, giving you a more elaborate analysis of user behavior on a given day. Together with the total lifetime number of shares retrieved from the share bar gives you a complete picture of the user's engagement on a specified URL.
Sharing to social networks can be through any of the following API methods: socialize.publishUserAction, socialize.sendNotification, socialize.postBookmark, or through any of the following plugins: Share plugin, Reactions plugin (when sharing a reaction), Comments plugin (when sharing a comment).
Exporting the report
The syndication data can be exported to an Excel sheet that provides a more elaborate analysis of the share data.
On the report, shares are divided into categories:
- Notifications - Number of customized shares sent to friends using the socialize.sendNotification api calls.
- Invites - Counts invitations made to Facebook friends. The invites dialog is invoked upon login, if defined using the 'invite' parameter when calling the socialize.login , socialize.addConnection , socialize.showLoginUI or socialize.showConnectUI methods.
- statusUpdates - Number of status updates made using the socialize.setStatus api calls.
- streamPosts - Number of post made through streams such as comment streams and user actions. These are invoked through the socialize.publishUserAction and comments.postComment api calls.
- postBookmarks - Number of bookmarks posted by users to supporting providers.
- emailRecipients - Number of notifications received by email.
Shares by Provider
Displays the distribution of the shared items by the provider through which they were shared. This refers to any operation that makes site material available to multiple other sites, such as shares, sent messages, bookmarking, sharing reactions, and commenting.
Presents the number of status updates posted to social networks during the selected period, using the socialize.setStatus API method.
Status Updates by Provider
Presents the distribution of status updates by the provider through which the updates were posted.
Presents the content (URLs) most shared on the site in the recent defined time period (up to 7 days).
Presents the number of site visits per day that are a result of linkbacks. This refers to any traffic that comes to your site via a link that was distributed to a social network or an email. Links can be distributed through shares, status updates, emails, sharing reactions, and commenting, and will include linkbacks originating from Gigya add-ons and non-Gigya sources.
Referred Traffic by Provider
Presents the distribution of site visits that are a result of linkbacks by the provider that referred the traffic. The provider can be either a social network or an email provider. The report will include linkbacks originating from Gigya add-ons and non-Gigya sources.
The Referred Traffic report will be available to you only if one of the following conditions (or both) are fulfilled:
- Gigya's URL shortening service is active.
- The referred pages on your site include the Gigya JS script (gigya.js)
In these cases, Gigya tracks all the traffic arriving at your site from the distributed URLs.
URLs may be distributed through the following methods:
- Setting status - using the socialize.setStatus API method.
- Publishing newsfeeds - using socialize.publishUserAction, socialize.showShareBarUI or socialize.showShareUI (to learn more, please read the Share Plugin guide, or the Share Bar plugin guide).
- Other plugins that may publish newsfeeds: The Reactions Plugin, Comments Plugin.
- Sending notifications - using socialize.sendNotification.
- Sending emails - using socialize.publishUserAction, socialize.showShareBarUI or socialize.showShareUI (to learn more, please read the Share Plugin guide, or the Share Bar plugin guide).
Each of the above methods may distribute URLs. The URL may be supplied by your site or by a user (for example, as part of the user message in the Share plugin).
If Gigya's URL shortening service is active, each of the distributed URL will be shortened to a URL with the fw.to domain.
For example, a tweet with a http://fw.to/2fKYHzY link back, distributed using the Share plugin:
Gigya's URL shortening service is active by default, but you can deactivate it using the shortURLs parameter, which is available in the Global Configuration and in each of the methods mentioned above.
Note that Gigya used soc.li as the URL shortening domain until June 2013; you may see it in your reports if your users shared links prior to that date.