Gigya connector for Sitecore enables a wide range of fully configurable customer identity management features that increase user engagement and time spent on your site. The Gigya connector provides full cloud-based user management, allowing users to register to your site using social network identities such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google and more. We offer a range of plugins integrating your site with the social networks through registration, login, sharing, comments, ratings, reviews and reactions. Plugins are extensible and customizable and can be added in Sitecore's page edit mode.
The Sitecore connector is developed and maintained by Xcentium. For more information and for troubleshooting please visit Xcentium.
Registration-as-a-Service (RaaS) is an end-to-end user management system package. This platform offers a comprehensive cloud-based user registration system that supports login by social networks while allowing sites to maintain a unified user database for both social and traditional site authentication. For additional information and advanced implementation options see Registration-as-a-Service.
User Profile Integration
When using this Connector, users who log in or register to your Sitecore website through Gigya RaaS are not stored in the Sitecore database. Instead, the Sitecore Experience Platform enables you to view, create, remove, and update users who are stored in Gigya.
To configure which data fields will be displayed for each user in the Sitecore Experience Platform, see Setting User Profile Properties (Field Mapping).
Any Gigya user fields that are mirrored into the Sitecore Experience Platform are available for use in content personalization rules and conditions.
To create a condition based on a Gigya data field, in the Rule Set Editor, select the condition "where the specific field in the user profile compares to value" (in the Security section of the condition list), and edit "specific field" to a name of a field mirrored from Gigya.
The Gigya platform includes a series of plugins that integrate your site with users' social networks and create a compelling and fulfilling user experience. These plugins have a fully configurable user interface design:
- Share – Users can easily Share posts with their social networks friends.
- Comments – Gigya's Comments plugin enables site users to post comments and have discussions about published content on your site.
- Loyalty – Also known as "Gamification", this is a social loyalty and rewards platform that can be easily embedded in your website, increasing site engagement and making your users' experience more enjoyable.
- Reactions – The Reactions plugin allows users to react to content in your site and share their reaction to social networks.
- Rating & Reviews – The R&R plugins give your customers an easy way to provide feedback on product and content across your site, and then share that feedback with friends in their social networks.
Multi-site and SSO Support
The Gigya connector supports multi-site configuration and single-sign-on (SSO).
Version and Compatibility
To install this version of the Gigya Sitecore Connector you will need:
- Sitecore 8 (Update 4) or Sitecore 8.1
- Gigya's Registration-as-a-Service (RaaS). RaaS is a premium package that requires activation. If it is not part of your site package please contact your Gigya Account Manager or submit a support form. You can also access the support page by clicking "Support" on the upper menu of Gigya's Admin Console.
Installation and Implementation
See Gigya Connector Installation and RaaS Setup for download and installation instructions and how to configure Gigya's Registration-as-a-Service in Sitecore.
See Implementing the Social Plugins if you also want to use Gigya's social plugins in your site.
Logs for Sitecore are kept in the Sitecore instance data directory (by default, this is the Data folder in the same folder that contains the Website folder). The Gigya module does not keep separate logs but uses the existing logging practices and settings.
- The server clock must be set to GMT+0, otherwise errors and unexpected behaviors may occur. We recommend using NTP daemon to ensure that the server time is accurate.
- Gigya screen-sets must entirely replace any login, registration etc. screen provided by the CMS. The CMS registration, login and edit profile screens should not be rendered at all. Otherwise, the Gigya screen is placed inside the CMS screen and both will behave unexpectedly.
- After changing the value of the application key, you should re-enter the application secret.