Gigya's Registration-as-a-Service (RaaS) is a powerful CIAM platform (Customer Identity and Access Management) that enables you to connect with your website and app users, and engage with your customers. RaaS helps you gather critical information about your users, store that information securely and leverage it for an enhanced customer experience. Use RaaS as the pivot point for launching personalized marketing campaigns, providing excellent service, and creating an enjoyable user experience overall.
- Frictionless Registration: Website visitors register with ease as RaaS provides friendly registration screens which require minimal input, offer logging in with social networks, and include predefined flows to ensure registration completion.
- Higher Registration Rates: A quick and easy process leads to higher registration rates as only minimal information is required from the user. However, the quality of user data is not compromised. RaaS continues to unobtrusively collect user data over time and as the user continues to interact with your site, by using progressive profiling.
- Meaningful Identities: Each registration transforms anonymous visitors into rich user profiles, complete with information such as age, gender, preferences and site behavior, stored in Gigya's secure database.
- Identity Life-Cycle: User data and behavior can be viewed, managed and analyzed in one platform - Gigya's Console - and can be synchronized with external tools (such as CRM, sales and service systems) using Identity Sync, our ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) platform.
- Easy to Manage: In the console, you can easily customize the user-facing elements, such as registration screens and confirmation emails: Change the appearance to match your branding, add predefined and custom data fields and define the available language options; all in the same place where you configure your site policies and manage admin permissions.
- Advanced Options: Gigya offers many advanced options that may be added on top of RaaS, to accommodate a wide variety of business needs. These include logging in with a federated identity using SAML or OIDC, monitoring behavioral data, passwordless login via SMS (OTP, or One-Time Password), and more.
See it in Action
Integrating RaaS into a page on your website or mobile app can be as simple as adding two lines of code. You simply add a script reference in the head section of you page with your API key and then add an event to a button which launches the login and registration flows.
View the code:
For an overview of the minimal implementation process, read the Quick Implementation Guide.
Registration and Login
RaaS offers many options for registering or logging in to sites:
- Registration: after a user signs up, an account is created in our dynamic database. Users can register through the out-of-the-box site registration flow, or log in with their social network accounts to further streamline the process. You can fine-tune and improve the quality of the data acquired by setting up conditional flows: after a user shares information about themselves (such as ownership of a pet) a separate flow can be triggered with questions about the type of animal, the pet's name and favorite treats. Registration screens are highly flexible and may include:
- Data input: Registration screens can include email subscriptions, number of children, name of pet or anything else.
- Validation: Built-in mechanisms which validate the quality of the data (e.g. date format, email format) and password strength.
- Security: Registration screens can include up-front security checks such as CAPTCHA verification, and two-factor authentication .
- Login: In addition to offering site users a site account login, Social Login, and SMS Login, RaaS offers advanced federated options such as SAML and OpenID Connect.
- Single Sign-On : in multi-site scenarios, Single Sign-On (SSO) is used to automatically log-in users to all sites that share the SSO after signing in to any one of them. SSO manages a single session for a user for all group sites, so when a user is logged in to one site, that user is logged in and gains immediate access to all other sites in that group, saving them the trouble of authenticating each child site individually and providing you as the site group manager with a 360 degree view of this consumer's profile and behavior on all your sites.
Smooth User-Facing Flows
Logging in or registering to your site are done in a minimal number of steps which cover all the main login scenarios, with built-in indicators for password strength and email confirmation, to minimize friction, eliminate frustration, and increase registration and conversion rates. In addition, users can log in with their social network accounts, an option that is proven to simplify the process and increases the number of users even further. Gigya's out-of-the box flows ensure that users are not threatened or discouraged at any stage by a tiresome loop or endless forms with mysterious requirements. The default flows are referred to as Screen-Sets: groups of user-facing screens which contain a logical flow. The design is responsive so that signing in can be performed easily from any device. RaaS is supported in all standard browsers, and includes native mobile support.
- Profile update
- Account linking (to prevent duplicate accounts in case a user logs in with a social account and also creates a site account in a separate registration session).
See Screen-Sets for a full description of the flows.
Example of a Login Process
- UI Builder: The registration process is based on preconfigured flows which display the relevant screen to the user. For example, a registration flow uses the registration screen set, where the first screen includes a "Forgot your password?" button which triggers an e-mail input screen. You can configure these screens using the UI Builder: a WYSIWYG canvas where you can easily edit fields, add new fields, and add plugins such as a Captcha verification.
- CSS and Markup : A more advanced option is to edit the screen-set's CSS files, or the HTML and CSS markup.
- Policies : You can customize the policies for registering and logging in, according to your security and regulation standards. Examples for optional configurations:
- Verification and other emails - easily change the text and appearance of automatically generated emails within the registration and login flows.
- Required strength of password
- Two-factor authentication
- Conditional workflows: The UI Builder includes the option for displaying a different registration flow if a certain condition has been met, for example: adding a "Pet name" field if the user has indicated he or she owns a pet; or hiding or showing certain fields based on the user's age.
- Localization: Since all texts in the user-facing flows are editable, you can translate any flow easily. In addition, we support out-of-the-box error messages in multiple languages. Choose the message language by using the lang parameter of the Global Conf object.
The UI Builder
Know Your Users
RaaS includes several built-in elements for improving the quantity and quality of the user data collected.
- Dynamic account data structure: by their very nature, user databases should be dynamic and flexible, to accommodate new data fields and requirements. The dynamic schema can seamlessly process massive amounts of user data in an optimized way, and is capable of storing any custom data with no structural constraints. You don't have to know in advance how your custom data is going to look and it doesn't have to look the same for all objects. There is no need to go through schema creation or modification when the data structure changes.
- Progressive Profiling: Increasing registration rates requires that you keep registration and login forms as short as possible, with just the absolute minimum number of fields which demand the user's time and attention. However, after a user is registered and the initial trust hurdle overcome, it's easier to request additional information further down the line so as to collect the data you need. This is where Progressive Profiling comes in - allowing you to display to a logged-in user a request for additional information after a specified time period, or a certain event (such as navigation to a specified number of pages or clicking on a designated page of your site).
- Behavior Tracking : A dynamic user database makes it possible for you to glean highly detailed information about users' behavior on your site. RaaS allows you to track valuable information about user behavior, such as opt-ins, logins, engagement, and purchases, which can then be used for optimizing the core business flows of your site.
- Account linking : If an existing user logs in with a different identifier (e.g. email rather than social network), Gigya enables linking the accounts into a single unified account , associated with two identities (deduplication), rather than maintaining two separate accounts, thus improving the quality of the user data and preventing confusion and frustration on the user's part.
- Identity Sync ETL Service (Extract, Transform, Load): offers an easy, API-based way to transfer data in bulk between platforms, e.g. transfer user accounts from Gigya to a third-party platform or vice versa. Although the ETL Service is not part of the core offering of RaaS, we recommend using it as a robust, secure and easy way to use the valuable business data collected via RaaS
- Pre-Built Integrations with many of the prominent CMS, CRM, DMP and other systems provide you with an enriched, 360-degree view of the customer, ensuring data is always up to date, accurate and actionable.
Administrators manage RaaS in Gigya's Console. In addition to the features mentioned above, such as the UI Builder and Policies configuration, the console includes:
- Audit Log : All actions performed within Gigya's console are audited, as well as certain end-user actions (e.g., changing a password). Audited events are stored for one year from the date they occurred.
- Managing Console Permissions: Power users can control who has access to the console and which actions they can control, by assigning privilege groups on a per-site basis.
- Reports : Gigya’s cross-platform analytics deliver interaction and traffic data, including details by platform and sharing type. Graphic reports are available in the Gigya Console under the Reports tab (you must be logged in to access this page). See Available Reports for descriptions of the various reports and how to use them. You can also query the database using the Identity Query tool with an SQL-like query. In addition, you can use APIs to access the data, and export to external systems such as sales or CRM.
- Customer Insights : Displays aggregated user data in a quickly readable visual format, highlighting trends and providing you with useful insights into your users' demographics, interests, social behavior, influence and revenue-generating activity.