This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external Google application as part of the Gigya Setup process.
When using any 3rd Party Apps with Gigya, it is important to ensure that you Enable retrieving user contacts from the Permissions page of the Console prior to making your app live. This enables basic username and email retrieval for your users from providers that don't consider this an elevated permission.
Phase 1 - Setting up a Google Application
Creating a project
- Go to the Google Developers Console at https://console.developers.google.com.
- Open the 'Project' menu and select 'Create project'.
- In the "New Project" box:
- Enter a project name.
- Select whether or not to receive updates from Google.
- Read and confirm the terms of service.
- Click "Create".
Selecting your APIs for use with Gigya
- In the Library tab of the API Manager, select "Google+ API" (under 'Social APIs').
- On the following page press the ENABLE button.
- Return to the Library tab, click the "More" link under the "Google Apps APIs" section and select "Contacts API".
- Press the "Enable" button on the next page to activate the Contacts API.
Get your Google credentials
- In the left-hand menu, select "Credentials".
- Click Create credentials and select OAuth client ID from the drop-down.
- You will see a notice that you must first set a product name on the consent screen. Click the blue button to Configure consent screen.
- Enter the name of your product or service in the applicable field and press Save.
- Select Web application as the Application type. This will open the URL options.
In the Authorized redirect URIs field, enter the following and press Create.
- If using Gigya - http://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx? and https://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx? (one per line)
- If using a CName - http(s)://<CNAME>/GS/GSLogin.aspx?
- A window will appear with your client ID and Secret. Copy the information for use below, then click OK.
- (This step is only for first time users) - On the page that opens, fill in:
- Your email address
- Your app's product name
- Your credentials are now ready.
Phase 2 - Configuring Google Application Keys in Gigya's Website
Setting your keys in the Google Configuration Editor
- Log into your Gigya account and go to the Providers Configurations page.
- Click on the Google logo to open its configuration window.
- In the Google Configuration window enter:
- Your "Client ID" from the Google Developers Dashboard into the "Consumer Key" field. (The entire string, including .apps.googleusercontent.com)
- Your "Client Secret" into the "Secret Key" field.
- If you are using a CNAME, be sure to check the "Enable CName" checkbox.
- Checking "Enable Native SDK Capabilities" is required to enable automatic login. For more information see Native SDK Capabilities.
- Click "OK".
- Click "Save Settings" on the bottom right-hand corner.
That's it, Google configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Google.