Gigya is a Demandware LINK technology partner. Our cartridge allows you to easily integrate Gigya's Customer Identity Management platform throughout your Demandware store. With the Gigya cartridge, you can easily build and maintain secure and scalable registration, authentication, profile management, data analytics and third-party integrations. Increase registrations and identify customers across devices, consolidate data into rich customer profiles, and provide better service, products and experiences by integrating data into marketing and service applications.
Download our latest cartridge from the Demandware marketplace: https://www.demandware.com/link-marketplace/gigya
The Gigya Cartridge provides two main user management packages:
- Registration-as-a-Service (RaaS) – An end-to-end user management system package. This platform offers a comprehensive cloud-based user registration service that supports login by social networks while allowing sites to maintain a single user database that combines social and traditional site authentication. For additional information and advanced implementation options see .
Social Login – The Gigya Cartridge can be used as an external authentication system, allowing users to sign up to your site using their social networks while interacting with the standard Demandware registration system. Users can register and login to your site with their social networks, which the site will manage as conventional Demandware user accounts.
The Gigya platform includes a series of plugins that integrate your site with users' social networks and create a compelling and fulfilling user experience. These plugins have a fully configurable user interface design:
- Share – Users can easily Share posts with their social networks friends.
- Comments – Gigya's Comments plugin enables site users to post comments and have discussions about published content on your site.
- Loyalty – Also known as "Gamification", this is a social loyalty and rewards platform that can be easily embedded in your website, increasing site engagement and making your users' experience more enjoyable.
- Reactions – The Reactions plugin allows users to react to content in your site and share their reaction to social networks.
- Rating & Reviews – The R&R plugins give your customers an easy way to provide feedback on product and content across your site, and then share that feedback with friends in their social networks.
Multisite and SSO Support
The Gigya cartridge for Demandware includes support for multi-site implementations and single-sign-on (SSO). For more information, see Using the Gigya Cartridge in Multi-Site Installations.
All features and user interfaces are fully configurable, require little time to install, and can be controlled from the Demandware Business Manager.
User Data Imported from Gigya
When site visitors log in through Gigya, the following data fields are imported into Demandware by default: first name, last name, email, and Gigya UID. For information about synchronizing additional fields, see Mapping Additional Data Fields for Synchronization in Demandware.
Version and Compatibility
The current version of the Gigya Cartridge is 2.2.1 (or 16.1.1 according to the Demandware versioning conventions).
- The cartridge is compatible with Demandware SiteGenesis 2.
- This cartridge was developed and certified using the Demandware 16.9 API.
- The cartridge was tested to confirm compatibility with Demandware 17.2 API.
For release notes, see the Change Log - Demandware.
To set up the Gigya Cartridge for Demandware, follow the instructions in the following pages:
If you want to use Gigya's Registration-as-a-Service, see Using RaaS with Demandware for detailed setup and configuration notes.
Configuration and Customization
- Mapping Additional Data Fields for Synchronization in Demandware if you want to synchronize more than the default data fields (first name, last name, email, and Gigya UID).
- Advanced Implementation and Customization includes additional information, including information about
- The server clock must be set to GMT+0, otherwise errors and unexpected behaviors may occur. We recommend using NTP daemon to ensure that the server time is accurate.
- Gigya screen-sets must entirely replace any login, registration etc. screen provided by the CMS. The CMS registration, login and edit profile screens should not be rendered at all. Otherwise, the Gigya screen is placed inside the CMS screen and both will behave unexpectedly.
- After changing the value of the application key, you should re-enter the application secret.