Gigya’s Customer Insights (CI) and Customer Insights Plus are user statistics tools that takes advantage of all the social data gathered by your site and stored at Gigya in order to generate useful analytics into your users' demographics, interests, social behavior, influence and revenue-generating activity. CI has a user-friendly, intuitive interface, designed to allow quick and easy cross segmentation of users by each of the available analytical categories without sacrificing flexibility.
Customer Insights vs. Customer Insights Plus
Both Customer Insights and Customer Insights Plus enable you to analyze your users' demographic data.
In addition, Customer Insights Plus offers:
- Data about user interests, influence levels, social activity and activities related to revenue and purchases.
- Customizable filtering tools that allow you to segment and cross-segment your users to find the most useful pieces of information for your business.
- Advanced options, such as the ability to download any audience segment to a file and to export the current segment to Identity Access.
Customer Insights Features
To access the tool , select the Customer Insights tab in Gigya's website (make sure you are logged in).
The Customer Insights/Customer Insights Plus page includes several tabs, each divided into separate data panes that describe a certain aspect of your audience. For example, the gender data pane shows a pie chart of the audience by gender.
Some notes on using the data panes:
- Hovering over an audience segment shows the number of users who formed it.
- Clicking images of Facebook Likes or Favorites will open the relevant Facebook page.
- Clicking user profile images opens them in Identity Access.
- For more data pane options, see Data Pane Settings.
The panes in the Demographics tab display audience percentages based on information taken from all the social networks to which your site's users belong.
Customer Insights Plus Features
By default, the audience (user segment) being analyzed in a report consists of all users, but Customer Insights Plus allows you to generate filters in order to view data for more specific audiences.
- To add a filter, you can click the "Set Filters" button (see image) or use one of the Quick Filters in the right side bar.
- The "Set Filters"box displays the current active filters. Clicking on a filter opens it for editing.
- "Audience" shows the number of users who match the filter.
- Once a filter is set, you can view individual users who match the filter by clicking 'open in Identity Access' inside the 'options' menu.
For a full description of the filter features, see Filters .
In addition to the Demographics tab available in Customer Insights, Customer Insights Plus enables you to analyze the users' interests, social activity and more through the following tabs.
The Highlights tab includes a selection of data panes from various other tabs, providing a quick impression of your users.
Interests provides an overview of your audience's tastes based on Facebook's like data. All i nterest data panes show audience percentiles . Images can be clicked to open the relevant Facebook pages.
Social Activity measures the extent of user social interaction across the social networks to which your users belong. This feature relies on Gigya Signals , which requires activation.
Each data pane shows the average count per audience member and a horizontal bar chart with audience percentiles. Use the period drop-down list to set the time range for which activities are displayed.
Revenue Activity measures the extent to which site users engage in income-generating activity. This feature relies on Gigya Signals , which requires activation. Revenue activity measurement requires implementation of counters during activity at your site and is the only CI tab requiring user implementation.
Each data pane shows horizontal bar charts with audience percentiles and an average per user. Use the period drop-down list to set the time range for which activities are counted.
Influence measures the prominence of the users in your selected audience. This feature relies on Gigya Signals , which requires activation. Data is taken from all social networks which support the relevant activities.
Each data pane shows the average count per audience member and a horizontal bar chart with audience percentiles. Use the period drop-down list to set the time range for which Clickbacks and Comment votes are counted.