What's in this Guide?
- Basic Tutorial - continue with a basic example of a web page that uses the Gigya service - the Gigya service "Hello World", and a guide for using Gigya API methods.
- Events - learn how to handle Events generated by Gigya socialize.
- Advanced Customizations - advanced customization options that you may apply on your client application.
An Asynchronous Programming Model
Gigya uses an asynchronous programming model in which operations are triggered and then run in the background until they are completed. Upon successful or unsuccessful completion, the operation invokes a callback function, which is provided by the developer, and returns a response object that includes the results of the operation. The callback function should handle the response in an appropriate manner, as determined by the application.
The API Namespaces
The entire range of Gigya functionality is provided as methods of one of the following namespaces: gigya.socialize, gigya.accounts, gigya.comments, gigya.gm, gigya.chat, gigya.ds, and gigya.gcs, thus all methods are referenced with the gigya.<namespace> prefix.
Making API Calls
All the methods in the Gigya API have a common signature:
The "params" object is actually an object that may contain multiple members. We choose to use this object instead of passing parameters in the "classical" way - this provides flexibility in adding new parameters without "breaking" older code.
- IE version - version 7,8,9
- Firefox - version 3.6 and higher
- Chrome - latest version
- Safari - version 5