This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in VKontakte as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Domain references are defined in Gigya's dashboard, externally in social network app definition pages, and when using Gigya's SDKs to set the domain (in particular the APIDomain field in class GSRequest).
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in VKontakte
- Log into your VK account and click on the following URL: http://vk.com/developers.php.
- Click on 'Create an Application'.
- Fill in your application title, site address and base domain (as presented in the following screenshot). Set the category to 'Website'.
- Press the 'Connect Site' button.
- You will be requested to enter confirmation information such as a mobile confirmation code.
- The 'Information' tab will open, the app must have a title and description, other information is optional. Click the 'Save' button when you are done.
- Click on the 'Settings' tab
- Copy the 'Secure key' and 'Application ID'.
- Click the 'Save' button.
Phase 2 - Configuring VKontakte's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the 'Site Settings' button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the 'Site Settings' page.
- Select 'Providers Configurations' in the Site Settings page.
- On the "Providers Configurations" page select VKontakte.
- Paste the application ID from phase 1 in the 'API Key' field and the secure key from phase 1 in the 'Secret Key' field.
Click the 'OK' button and then the 'Save Settings' button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, VKontakte's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with VKontakte.