This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in VKontakte as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Domain references are defined in Gigya's dashboard, externally in social network app definition pages, and when using Gigya's SDKs to set the domain (in particular the APIDomain field in class GSRequest).
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in VKontakte
- Log into your VK account and click on the following URL: http://vk.com/developers.php.
- Click on 'Connect a Website'.
- Fill in your application title, site address and home domain (as presented in the following screenshot).
- Press the 'Connect Site' button.
- Enter the Captcha.
- Enter your description and upload a photo.
- Copy the 'Secure key' and 'Application ID'.
- Click the 'Save' button.
Phase 2 - Configuring VKontakte's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Paste your keys (the "Secure key' and the 'Application ID' from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, VKontakte's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with VKontakte.