This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in Spiceworks as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Domain references are defined in Gigya's dashboard, externally in social network app definition pages, and when using Gigya's SDKs to set the domain (in particular the APIDomain field in class GSRequest).
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in Spiceworks
- Send an email to makeITsocial@spiceworks.com with:
- Main Application URL:
- Callback URL:
Paste the following URL in the 'Callback URL' field: http://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx
- Optional: If you are planning on configuring a domain alias (CNAME), please replace 'socialize.gigya.com' with your alias sub domain (CNAME value). i.e. http://[YOUR-ALIAS-SUB-DOMAIN].yoursite.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx
Note: please do not use https.
Copy your 'Consumer Key' and 'Consumer Secret' from the email you receive from Spiceworks.
Phase 2 - Configuring Spicework's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Paste your keys (the 'key' and the 'secret' keys from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, Spicework's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Spiceworks.