This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in RenRen as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Customers should note that RenRen app approval takes a number of days. If your app is not approved within 10 days of submission, then contact your Implementation Manager.
Phase 1 - Opening an External Application in RenRen
- Go to the following URL: http://dev.renren.com/app .
- Click on the button located at the top right corner (as shown in the image below).
- Enter the app name, set the category (education, entertainment, game, tool) and sub-category, root domain, app description, short description and key words.
Enter the app icon. For instructions on icon design see http://wiki.dev.renren.com/wiki/Icon_design_specifications.
Check the two boxes showing you accept the developer's agreement and license agreement.
Click the blue button.
- Select the second option on the left and then click the third plus sign.
- Enter your domain name (http://www.domainname.com) and then click the blue button to request that RenRen approve your app. Note that approval may take a day.
- If required, the third option in the next screen (User Management), allows you to add test users who can access your application while it is being set-up and awaiting approval.
- Enter operational contact information in the fourth option. The bottom boxes are company name, phone number, QQ (messenger) number, e-mail address.
- RenRen require proof of domain ownership for the app domain:
- Open myip.cn
- Enter your domain name at the top of the page and press the Inquiry button on the right.
- Take a screenshot of the results generated. RenRen need to see proof that you are the registered site owner. You app will not go live until this has been provided (the example below shows partial information).
- Send an email to email@example.com,
In the mail, explain that you are sending proof of domain registration as part of your RenRen setup and that the screenshot is of http://www.myip.cn/<domain.<wbr/>com> (for example http://www.myip.cn/gigya.com).
Phase 2 - Configuring RenRen's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Paste your keys (the 'API Key' and the 'Secret Key' from phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, RenRen's configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with RenRen.