This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of setting up an external application in MySpace as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Phase 1 - Setting Up an External Application in MySpace:
- Go to http://www.myspace.com and login to your MySpace account.
- Click on the “Developers” link at the bottom of the page, or click on the following URL http://developer.myspace.com/
- Click on the "Start Building!" button
- If you don't have a MySpace developer's account yet, please fill out the following form and press 'Submit':
- Please fill in the Captcha.
- Verify your MySpace Developer account.
- Click on the "My Apps" tab.
- Click the "Create new App" button.
- Choose "Create MySpaceID App":
- Enter a short app description (100 characters max.) and your 16x16 and 64x64 icons. Skip the "Uninstall Callback URL" field.
- Paste the "http://socialize.gigya.com" URL to the "External URL" field, and "gigya.com" to the "External Callback Validation" field. Optional: If you are planning on configuring a domain alias (CNAME), please insert your alias sub domain (CNAME value) instead of 'socialize.gigya.com' and your domain instead of Gigya's domain. i.e. "http://[YOUR-ALIAS-SUB-DOMAIN].yoursite.com" in the "External URL" field, and "yoursite.com" in the "External Callback Validation" field.
Note: please do not use https.
- Check the "I agree with the Terms Of Service" box and press "Save".
- Copy your OAuth Consumer Key and OAuth Consumer Secret (you will need to paste them in Gigya's website, as described further below in phase 2).
Note: MySpace disabled copying the OAuth Consumer secret to the clipboard. Make sure to copy it manually or copy it from the page source.
- Click on "My Apps" in the top menu.
- Find your application and click "Publish".
Note: If you don't publish your application it will not work for your site users!
Phase 2 - Configuring MySpace's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Paste your keys (the "OAuth Consumer Key" and the "OAuth Consumer Secret" from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, MySpace configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to synchronize with MySpace.