This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in Microsoft as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Please note: In order to create an application on Microsoft you must configure a domain alias (CNAME).
Domain references are defined in Gigya's dashboard, externally in social network app definition pages, and when using Gigya's SDKs to set the domain (in particular the APIDomain field in class GSRequest).
Phase 1 - Opening the Application in Microsoft
- Go to the following URL: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-<wbr/>us/live//default.aspx.
- Click on 'Create application'.
- Fill in the application name.
- Read and accept the terms of service.
- Copy the "Client ID" and the "Client secret" strings (you will need to paste them in Gigya's website, as described in phase 2)
- Click on the 'Application Settings Page' link.
- Upload your application logo.
Please note: The icon must be 48x48 pixels, GIF only.
- Fill in your:
- Terms of service URL
- Privacy URL
- Click 'Save'.
- Go to the 'API Settings' tab.
- Enter your CNAME in the 'Redirect Domain' field.
Note: please do not use https.
- Click 'Save'.
Phase 2 - Configuring Microsoft's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Paste your keys (the "Client ID" and the "Secret Key" from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, Microsoft application configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Microsoft.