This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in Microsoft as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Domain references are defined in Gigya's dashboard, externally in social network app definition pages, and when using Gigya's SDKs to set the domain (in particular the APIDomain field in class GSRequest).
Phase 1 - Opening the Application in Microsoft
- Go to the following URL: https://account.live.com/developers/applications/index (sign in required).
- Click on Create application
- Where relevant upload your Application logo, Terms of service URL and Privacy URL. Then click Save.
- Click API Settings.
- Set Mobile or Desktop client app to "yes", Restrict JWT issuing to "Yes", Enhanced Redirect Security to "Enabled".
- In the Redirect URLs field, enter "http://[cname]/GS/GSLogin/aspx" or "https://[cname]/GS/GSLogin/aspx", where [CNAME] is your site's CNAME (a CNAME is required for Microsoft Live applications). This will automatically update the Root domain field (see the image below). When you have finished click the Save button.
- Click App Settings.
- Copy the Client ID and Client secret which are required for defining the app in Gigya's website.
Phase 2 - Configuring Microsoft's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Paste your keys (the "Client ID" and the "Secret Key" from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, Microsoft application configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Microsoft.