This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external application in Microsoft as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Please note: In order to create an application on Microsoft you must configure a domain alias (CNAME).
Phase 1 - Opening the Application in Microsoft
- Go to the following URL: https://manage.dev.live.com/
- Click on 'Create application'.
- Fill in the application name.
- Read and accept the terms of service.
- Copy the "Client ID" and the "Client secret" strings (you will need to paste them in Gigya's website, as described in phase 2)
- Click on the 'Application Settings Page' link.
- Upload your application logo.
Please note: The icon must be 48x48 pixels, GIF only.
- Fill in your:
- Terms of service URL
- Privacy URL
- Support URL
- Home page URL
- Click 'Save'.
- Go to the 'API Settings' tab.
- Enter your CNAME in the 'Redirect Domain' field.
Note: please do not use https.
- Click 'Save'.
Phase 2 - Configuring Microsoft's Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Paste your keys (the "Client ID" and the "Secret Key" from the end of phase 1) in the corresponding places:
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, Microsoft application configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Microsoft.