This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external Google+ application as part of the Gigya Setup process.
You may also read our Google+ FAQ.
Domain references are defined in Gigya's dashboard, externally in social network app definition pages, and when using Gigya's SDKs to set the domain (in particular the APIDomain field in class GSRequest).
Phase 1 - Setting up a Google+ Application
- Go to the Google Developers Console at https://cloud.google.com/console
- Click the "Create Project" button.
- In the "New Project" box:
- Enter a project name and create a project ID.
- Check the Terms of Service checkbox.
- Click "Create".
- In the page that opens for your new project, select "APIs" under "APIs & auth".
- Scroll down in the list of APIs until you find "Google+ API", and click the "OFF" button to set it to "ON".
- In the same list of APIs, scroll to "Contacts API", and set it to "ON" as well.
- Click on "Credentials" and click on "Create new Client ID".
- In the "Create Client ID" box:
- Under "Application Type", select "Web application".
- For "Authorized Redirect URIs", enter:
- Or, if your site is defined under one of Gigya's non-US data centers, replace domain references socialize.gigya.com with socialize.<DC>.gigya.com. Contact your IM for the correct <DC> entry.
If you are using a CNAME add it to the Authorized Redirect URI:
- Click the "Create Client ID" button. (Note that if you have not entered a product name in the Consent Screen yet, the "Create Client ID" button will not appear, and instead you will be prompted to enter your product name.)
- In the "Client ID for web application" section, copy the values in the "Client ID" and "Client Secret" fields, which are required for defining the app in Gigya's website.
Phase 2 - Configuring Google+ Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Select "Providers Configurations" and click the Google+ icon. Note: If you are interested in opening a standard Google application, click the Google icon.
Paste the "Client ID" string from the end of phase 1 into the "Consumer Key" field.
Paste the "Client Secret" string to the "Secret Key" field.
If you are using a CNAME, check the box.
Checking Native SDK Capabilities is required to enable automatic login. For more information see Native SDK Capabilities.
The red indication on the Google+ icon should turn green.
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, Google+ configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Google.