This page is a step-by-step guide for the process of opening and setting up an external Google+ application in as part of the Gigya Setup process.
Phase 1 - Opening a Google+ Application
- Go to the following page: https://code.google.com/apis/console/.
- Click "Create project...".
- In the "Services" section, toggle the "Google+ API" service on.
- Choose the "API Access" option on the left sidebar.
- Click "Create OAuth 2.0 client ID...".
- Enter your application's name in the "Product name" field.
- Click "Next".
- In the next screen, choose "Web application".
- Enter your site's URL in the text field at the bottom.
- Click "more options".
- Under "Authorized Redirect URIs", enter https://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx? and http://socialize.gigya.com/GS/GSLogin.aspx? (one per line).
- Click "Create client ID".
- Copy the "Client ID" and the "Client Secret" strings (you will need to paste them in Gigya's website, as described in phase 2).
Phase 2 - Configuring Google+ Application Keys in Gigya's Website
- Go to the Dashboard section of Gigya's website.
Note: If you are not signed in to Gigya, please go to http://www.gigya.com/ and sign in.
- Press the "Site Settings" button that corresponds to the domain you wish to configure. You will be redirected to the "Site Settings" page.
- Click the Google+ icon.
- Paste the "Client ID" string from the end of phase 1 into the "Consumer Key" field.
- Paste the "Client Secret" string to the "Consumer Secret" field.
- Click "Update".
- The red indication on the Google+ icon should turn green.
- Click the "Save Settings" button (located at the lower right-hand corner of the page).
That's it, Google+ configuration is complete! Please note that it might take up to 10 minutes for our system to become synchronized with Google.