The Gigya ActionScript API is a set of namespaces which correlate to different services, all using a common programming methodology. The Gigya ActionScript API is designed for widget developers using Flash or Flex.
The API is developed with several design goals:
- Simple and intuitive for programmers to use.
- Easily extensible to support new products, features and method parameters.
- Consistent across different services.
- Provide good performance by loading only required features.
The Gigya API Services
Gigya API includes the following services:
The Environment service ('Env' namespace) includes methods that enable widget developers to get information about the environment the widget resides in and the user that interacts with the widget. For example:
- Retrieving Geographic information about the user.
- Getting data about the domain and URL the widget resides in.
- Indicating the network or platform the widget is contained in (i.e. Facebook, Blogger, etc.)
The Reporting Service ('Reports' namespace) includes services that enable widget developers to report custom events and activate advanced reporting options. For example:
- Reporting custom events.
- Measure time spent.
- Report interaction by users.