Table of contents
- 1. We Offer three Main Packages:
- 2. Web Wireframes for Best Practice Implementation
- 2.1.1. Explanation:
- 3. Additional Standalone Features
Gigya’s User Management 360 is a complete solution for managing a new generation of user data that encompasses social identity data, social graph connections, behavior data, and traditional profile data. User Management 360 is comprised of a set of products listed below. As a first step, choose between one of our main packages (see below), depending on whether you want to add Gigya's social features to your already existing user management system or you want Gigya to give you the entire all-inclusive solution. Then you can check out our additional standalone features. Regardless of your package choice, we encourage you to consult our Web Wireframes for Best Practice Implementation. The wireframes give you a recommended flow from the user's point of view, based on our experience.
We Offer three Main Packages:
An end-to-end user management system package. The platform offers a comprehensive cloud-based user registration system that supports Social Login, allowing sites to maintain a unified user database for both social and traditional site authentication. The package includes powerful tools for creating user interaction screens including complete registration flow. The tools give you full flexibility to tailor your implementation in terms of design, structure, fields and content verification and match the look-and-feel of your website or mobile app. Read more and learn how to implement here.
This is an intermediate package, which serves as a complementary service to the Social Login. The Identity Storage is a dynamic fully indexed cloud-hosted database that seamlessly stores and organizes all of your user data into a single, centralized location. The Identity Storage automatically captures social profile data as users perform Social Login/Registration on your site. In seconds, data is indexed and readily available for search queries, view, edit, update, delete, target, and export user segments. Read more and learn how to implement here.
Web Wireframes for Best Practice Implementation
Whether you implement Social Login combined with your own user management system or you implement Gigya's Registration-as-a-Service, we recommend implementing the following social login/registration flow:
The best practice implementation enables users to register to your site and set up an account using their social network identity. This is side-by-side with the traditional site registration.
The web-frames above focus on the flows deriving from Social Login, i.e. when the user clicks on a social network button in the login/registration screen (step B in the web-frames above).
When a user uses Social Login to login/register for your site (steps B & C), first we check if the user is a new user in the site or a returning user. A returning user should be redirected directly to your site's landing page (step F).
If the user new in your site (New Social Identity), there are three cases (implementation of cases 2,3 is optional):
- Register - the social data that you received from the social network satisfies your needs. In this case, finalize the registration process internally (server-side), and redirect the user to your site's landing page (step F).
- Missing Required Data - the social data that you received from the social network does not satisfy your needs, there is one or more required user profile fields that are missing (for example: the social network did not provide an email address). In this case, redirect the user to a screen for filling in the required fields (screen D). After the user has submitted all missing fields, finalize the registration process and redirect the user to your site's landing page.
- Already a Member - the user email address that you received from the social network already exists in your user management system. Based on the email uniqueness assumption, we assume that this user already has a site account. In this case, redirect the user to a "Link Accounts" screen (screen E). The screen enables the user to link his social network identity to an existing site account. After the user identified himself as a site user (provided site credentials), finalize the link-account process and redirect the user to your site's landing page (step F).
Note: if you are using the Registration-as-a-Service, most of the described above is automatically implemented for you, and you can customize the implementation using user-friendly tools.
Additional Standalone Features
A site admin tool for accessing and editing site users' data. As a site administrator you can view users' profiles, social data as well as site custom data. You can also search users, edit and delete users' information. If you have the Gamification package enabled, this tool also enables access to users' Gamification achievements. Read more here.
Single Sign-On (SSO) is a turnkey authentication solution that syncs users’ login state across multiple web properties. SSO enables your business to unify and share user data and site activity across multiple brands, web domains and additional online entities. Read more and learn how to implement here.
Learn about Gigya support as well as recommended steps to comply with the social networks' platform policies.
Gigya's Data Store (DS) is a flexible database hosting service that we provide our clients. The DS is a generic, schemaless and fully indexed cloud database that allows storing any generic data objects as well as any user related data.